Celebrate Earth Day Everyday
Here are some of the things that I have incorporated into my day-to-day lifestyle because Earth day is not about being eco-friendly for just one day but always. I:
- Use a glass water bottle whenever I need one and I do not use a plastic water bottle, even if it is reusable.
- Use stainless steel straws and do not use any plastic straws. These straws are washable and come with a cleaning brush to clean them from the inside as well.
- Do not use plastic containers for storing food or for packing lunches, just glass containers.
- Do not use paper kitchen towels when at home, just fabric kitchen towels.
- Always turn off the tap water when I don’t need water in between brushing, washing dishes or cleaning.
- Use fabric shopping bags and not paper or plastic ones.
- Do not buy anything with toxic or micro-plastic glitter (cosmetics, scrubs, mugs, etc.) because when the glitter goes down the drain, it contaminates the oceans and is eaten by the fishes.
“Treat the Earth well. We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” – Proverb (Unknown)
©️2018 Yuvika @Big Life. All rights reserved.