At some point, most of us have procrastinated for working out and there are times when we just need a nudge to get our body moving. I am going to share a very simple yet important reason to give you that motivational nudge.
Blood circulation is of course an important system of our body. It helps to distribute nutrients across our body. It is important to get active and turn up our heart rate with some exercises that work for us. Working out also helps to maintain our body muscles and after all, heart is a muscle as well. For a good heart health, we need to maintain a healthy workout routine. There are of course many other factors that contribute to our heart health and many other benefits of exercising but I just wanted to share a quick motivation to give you that push. Note: It is also important to maintain your body’s water balance as you workout. Drink enough water to prevent dehydration and maintain a water balance to avoid water intoxication. Have a healthy workout!
Please note that I am just sharing a motivational message and you may want to consider a consultation with your health care/fitness professional for the right workout for your body.
QUICK HEALTH TIP: As always, it is best to avoid processed foods.
Did you know that processed foods made with trans fats are bad for your body’s cholesterol balance and eventually bad for your heart health?
Did you know that one processed cookie made with trans fats is usually the maximum amount of trans fats that you should be eating in a day?
Check these articles for more information:
Andrews, J.M. “Recommended Intake of Trans Fat.” LIVESTRONG.COM. October 03, 2017. Accessed May 14, 2018. https://www.livestrong.com/article/501704-recommended-intake-of-trans-fat/.
Celebrate Earth Day Everyday
Here are some of the things that I have incorporated into my day-to-day lifestyle because Earth day is not about being eco-friendly for just one day but always. I:
- Use a glass water bottle whenever I need one and I do not use a plastic water bottle, even if it is reusable.
- Use stainless steel straws and do not use any plastic straws. These straws are washable and come with a cleaning brush to clean them from the inside as well.
- Do not use plastic containers for storing food or for packing lunches, just glass containers.
- Do not use paper kitchen towels when at home, just fabric kitchen towels.
- Always turn off the tap water when I don’t need water in between brushing, washing dishes or cleaning.
- Use fabric shopping bags and not paper or plastic ones.
- Do not buy anything with toxic or micro-plastic glitter (cosmetics, scrubs, mugs, etc.) because when the glitter goes down the drain, it contaminates the oceans and is eaten by the fishes.
“Treat the Earth well. We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” – Proverb (Unknown)
©️2018 Yuvika @Big Life. All rights reserved.