As a tea lover, I was not happy to hear when my friend said that she has tried so many different teas but she doesn’t get a good taste when she drinks tea. If you are struggling with getting the taste of tea in general, then let me share some simple tea tips with you that I shared with her.
Tea Tips 💚💖
1) This is the most important thing – please make sure that you are using a small teacup – the type that is meant for tea and not for lattes or smoothies or anything else
Reason – If you use a big cup, your tea will dilute in all the extra water and you won’t get the true taste!
2) Use a proper English teacup or if you are extra blessed then you might find a small Chinese teacup, but be extra careful with the latter as it doesn’t have a handle and it can get too hot to handle 😉
3) Make sure that you boil the water that you are going to use for your tea so that it is hot enough to dissolve all the goodness from your cute tea bag (iced tea is not the traditional way to have tea. It is okay to have it, but here we are only talking about a hot cup of tea 🍵)
4) Place the tea bag (with the tag hanging outside the cup) inside your teacup and then pour hot water into it
5) Lift the tea bag and using the string, dunk it back in the teacup for the tea to steep
6) Let it sit for a minute or two and repeat step 5 until you see the water is saturated with the color of the tea
7) Let the tea steep for ten minutes and then take out the teabag
8) Smell your tea before sipping it in to enjoy your sensory experience
9) Take a sip and feel it on your taste buds with your eyes closed to appreciate your tea and thank yourself for making it
10) You may repeat step 9 until you slowly finish your tea
Hope that you enjoy your tea with these tea tips 🫖
For loose leaf tea, you can use these same tips, but instead of using the teabag, you would need to use a tea strainer ball in which you will add one teaspoon of your loose tea. You will also need to take the ball out before you start sipping your tea ☕️