Do you sometimes find yourself in a sad mood, feel sullen or just do not know why you are unable to keep yourself happy? It is normal to sometimes feel low and feel the need to have someone make things right for you or just make you smile. However, unless you live in a fantasy world, it is not possible for someone to always be there for you. It is fabulous if you have someone who is close to you by heart but they might not always be able to lighten up your mood. One of my favorite life mantras is that, only you can make yourself happy and if you realize this, then there would never be any situation from which you would not be able to lift yourself up. In one of my previous blogposts, I wrote about how you can have a happy state of mind to keep yourself happy. Today, I am going to share another way of how you can make yourself happy. I am going to term this as the “Mind-Blowing” exercise. Following are the steps for this exercise:
- Just sit in your most comfortable position and take a few deep breaths.
- This might sound a little unusual and will take some effort but start blowing your mind (reflect back) by trying to think about all your achievements, starting with the oldest one that you can remember.
- Note: you might not always remember all your achievements but sometimes visuals can help. For example, a photo of you when you participated in a school program or in a work event; a paper that you wrote; your kid’s photos; a thank you e-mail from a volunteer organization; or if you are at home, then just look around and acknowledge that you have a place to live.
- Thinking about the past can bring up some bad memories as well. However, it is up to you to utilize those memories in a strategic way. Just briefly pause as you recollect your past memories.
- Do not dive deep into the bad memories but just pause enough to acknowledge the struggles you faced, the situations you lived through, the obstacles or the hindrances that you overcame, and any negative vibes that you had around you.
- Now just in your mind, put together all your achievements and your struggles. Think about how you worked through all your struggles and negativity that happened around you in the past and you still had those “made it” or “successful” moments.
- Finally, take a few moments to be proud of yourself (not cocky), realize all that you have achieved, feel where you are today and understand how far you have come.
After step 7, you might actually want to spend some moments to celebrate your life. Blowing your mind strategically to reflect back on your wonderful journey will steer your mind away from any negative thoughts, any unhappy vibes or any anxiousness. It will make you realize not just all your achievements but also your capabilities, courage, potential and all of that will fire up your confidence and make you happy. Take it as a blessing if you ever had an opportunity to experience any kind of hardship. If you have surpassed hardships and achieved things in the past, then you probably have learned from your past experiences and have fueled your potential to achieve even bigger things.
©️2018 Yuvika @Big Life. All rights reserved.
Life is ever evolving and so are the things that make us happy. What we liked last year, might not mesmerize us now and vice-versa. Taking out some “me” time can help us realize how far we have come, what gives us delight and what we do not like. Life happens every moment. It is never too late to adopt new rituals. I believe that an important daily ritual should be to check on ourselves and acknowledge our feelings. We need to do some positive self-realization everyday to call out the things that bring joy in our life. I believe that self-realization is an essential fragment that brings together our doings and feelings. A moment of self-realization can help us to filter out our “stress” stuff and just get enraptured with what is left behind…the “happy” stuff. Express what makes your heart happy and enjoy the moment of enrapture.
Do you carry the stuff that you don’t like? When you go on a trip, do you pack all the stuff that you love or do you also carry the weight of the items that not only need extra room but are useless or you don’t even love them? Similarly, don’t carry the extra weight of all the negative things in your life. Fears and negativity come to you only if you let them come to your mind. Do not let any actions or words hurt you if you want to take care of your mind and body. Not everyone is going to love you or treat you back the way you love them or treat them. Your mind is the only place that will help you think through your whole life and your body is the only place that you and your mind will live in. Love yourself and take care of yourself. Don’t carry that extra baggage with you throughout your life.
Find your excitement and stay excited. World sports bring people together and Soccer ⚽️ is the most popular sport with an estimated 3.5 billion fans across the globe according to topendsports.com. One of the big matches is coming up this weekend. Will you be watching it? STAY EXCITED AND SHARE YOUR SPORTS VIBES WITH AN ESTIMATED 3.5 BILLION PEOPLE ACROSS THE GLOBE ⚽️
#soccer #goals #goaldigger #football #france #argentina #messi #rojo #sports #worldcup #fifa #excited #love #live #play #goodvibes #goodvibesonly #united #world #global #international #feelgood #weekendvibes #biglife #inspiration #motivation #workhardplayhard #lifestyle #healthylifestyle
Food, water and air are the essential things that our body needs for nourishment. We ensure that we are feeding ourselves with quality food, clean water and are living in a hygienic atmosphere. However, a wholesome nourishment is not complete without feeding quality thoughts i.e. feeding love to our mind. This becomes even more quintessential in the technosocial times that we are living in because even though we are more connected to our family and friends through technology and social media, than we were maybe two decades ago, we sometimes feel lonely and at some point, some of us feel that we are not genuinely loved by others. Therefore, it is just fitting that we love ourselves! Let’s just feed our mind with thoughts that help us take care of ourselves and love ourselves.
We come across numerous things that provoke thoughts across our mind and there can be thoughts that make us feel stressed out or not-so-good. Doesn’t matter good or bad, but whatever we let to sink in our mind, it does feed our body cells. There is a biochemical reaction to every thought that we feed to our mind. Then why not feed love and make ourselves healthy?
I believe that feeding good thoughts to our mind is equally important as feeding nutritious food to our body. Do we ever knowingly eat stale food or drink contaminated water? If we can say no to bad food then why do we hesitate to say no to bad thoughts? Perhaps, at times we don’t realize that we are feeding bad thoughts to our mind and that’s where mindfulness plays a part. If we can try to be mindful of the world around us then we can better evaluate what we are feeding to the world inside us. We need to be mindful of what we are letting into our mind, what we are surrounding ourselves with, who we are spending time with, what we are doing with our time, the kind of conversations we are having, the numerous things that we are pushing into our mind, and much more. If we can be mindful of such things that impact the quality of our thoughts, then we can take a step towards a healthier mind and thereby, love ourselves. Personal life tip: Absorb good vibes only. Seeing the good in everything is one simple way to pick just the good thoughts about anything that we come across. Pick good vibes only and just feed love to your mind.
🌿Through good times and bad times, always remember where you started from🌿
🌿Reflect back on your journey, keep learning and keep evolving as a stronger self🌿
🌿Keep growing but do not detach from your roots🌿
🌿A mature and a wholesome growth cannot happen if the roots are cut off🌿
How to engage your mind and overcome negativity or anxiety? Here is one simple way for doing this – Mindful Word Exercise. (Note: not tested on anyone, just my idea.)
- Think of a positive word and write it down. Let’s call it our main word. For Example – MODEST.
- Let’s look at each letter of our main word – M, O, D, E, S and T.
- Now, let’s write down a positive word starting with each of these letters. For Example – Mature Mind, Original, Decent, Elegant, Simple, and Temperate.
- Finally, let’s just take some time to be mindful of our thoughts about each of these positive words.
Here are my thoughts. Being modest has no age limit. A mature mind and an original self bring out decency and temperateness, which are simple yet elegant.
#Modest #SimpleThoughts #Soulful #SoulfulSaturday #SimpleVibes #Calm #KeepCalm #Positive #PositiveWords #OvercomeAnxiety #OvercomeNegativity #FeelGood #Vibes #Modesty #Mature #Maturity #Original #Originality #Decent #Decency #Elegance #Elegant #Simple #Simplicity #Temperate #Temperateness #Life #Live #BigLife
©️2018 Yuvika @Big Life. All rights reserved.